[mythtv-users] [Announce] New version of MythSqueezeBox plugin Available

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:19:34 UTC 2008

All:

We've released an updated version of MythSqueezeBox, the plugin that
allows you to emulate a SqueezeBox on MythTV.  I say "we" because I've
been joined on this effort by François Banville and Rick from the
mvpmc effort (http://www.mvpmc.org/) who has a similar plugin for that
device.  Source files and an i386 .deb file are available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythsqueezebox/  You will need certain
dependencies, listed in the README file, along with instructions on
building the plugin (one hint, please run qmake before make).

Major changes include a new "setup" page so we store setup information
like a real plugin (no more nasty .ini files!), a better/more stable
cli interface, turning off the screensaver during use and better
stability.

I want to thank François for the huge effort he has put into making
this plugin more stable, for creating the setup pages and for creating
the .deb file.  I'd like to thank Rick for all of the ideas he has
offered, especially on querying the cli interfact of SqueezeCenter and
for his efforts with his own plugin on mvpmc.

I'd like to build some RPM files as well, if there is anyone out there
that would like to help with that effort, please contact me.

Thanks,

George