[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup hangs on "Fetching lineups from Schedules Direct"

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:44:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:

> 10:48am, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
> > On 10/10/2008 08:55 AM, Paul Archer wrote:
> >> Then I went to mythtv-setup, and deleted everything: cards, sources, the
> >> works.
> >
> > Did you delete them correctly?
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
> >

> I'm honestly not sure. I did go through the steps from the referenced URL,
> but it was after I manually cleared ou the channel and program tables via
> mysql. However, that is something I've done before, and not had a problem.
> Plus, the issue I'm having is when mythtv-setup tries to contact Schedules
> Direct, and hangs. It seems that if it had a problem with how I had deleted
> data, it wouldn't hang, but return some error, segfault, or something. What
> it should be doing is contacting the SD website and getting a list of my
> lineups, something it can do with the username and password that are
> (correctly) stored in the database.
>
> Paul

I'm having this problem too on a fresh install, when I click the "Retrieve
Lineups" button, the screen freezes and the terminal shows the following:

2008-10-10 14:37:31.679 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
localhost
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is XMLTVFindGrabbers(0x4a42098), parent's thread is
QThread(0x642050), current thread is XMLTVFindGrabbers(0x4a42098)
2008-10-10 14:38:54.563 XMLTVFindGrabbers: Running 'tv_find_grabbers
baseline manualconfig'.
2008-10-10 14:38:57.603 Fetching lineups from Schedules Direct...

-Greg