[mythtv-users] The best, coolest cases ... please weigh in ...

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Fri Oct 10 16:48:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:02 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:30:56AM -0400, Darrin wrote:
> [...]
>

> > My other PVR is more wizard like.  The default selection is Record only
> this
> > showing with several other choices on the same menu such as Record this
> > program always on this channel, etc.  Pressing the right arrow key/button
> > takes you to the next set of options such as number of episodes to keep,
> > etc.  Pressing the left arrow button takes you back to the schedule
> without
> > actually scheduling the recording.  It's really pretty intuitive.  With
> > mythtv, I always feel like I'm getting dumped into the middle of the
>
>      Your other PVR also probably has considerably fewer options. It's a
> difficult thing to juggle (power AND simplicity).
>
> [deletia]

Yes and no.  If mythtv made the first screen the set of options under the
"do not record this showing" drop-down list with the second screen giving
the options for recording group, etc, it would then be very similar.
Besides that, until you make a selection from that drop-down list, you can't
do anything on that menu anyway since all of the options are greyed-out.