[mythtv-users] The best, coolest cases ... please weigh in ...

David Segall david at segall.net
Wed Oct 8 13:49:07 UTC 2008

Marc Randolph wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> had a sale on Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700 for under $20 each. I am
>>> finding that to be nice when working on the MythTV box, as I can (and
>>> do) use the keyboard as an oversized remote control. Also there is
>>> something pleasantly strange about using a Microsoft product on a
>>> Linux box :-) .
>> I'm using the remote that came with the LC11 case, and a Logitech Dinovo
>> bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I consider the latter as *must have* items
>>  for an 'out-in-the-open' setup...No wires!
>
> What kind of range can you get with the Dinovo?
> What other keyboards do all you other people have that reach all the
> way down a normal sized rectangular shaped living room?

I am pleased with my Adesso SlimTouch Wireless
<http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=281>. It works ten
metres away from the receiver in an adjacent room. It does not need a
special driver and it includes a laptop-style touch pad. Even the
vertical scroll bar on that works with Linux and MythTV. It is small and
light weight which makes it look and feel a bit flimsy but it has
survived an unintended drink of a rough Australian red wine.

The diNovo Mini
<http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=US,EN>
is a bit more expensive but it is very good looking and I might choose
it if it worked with MythTV and with the computer's BIOS.

--
David