[mythtv-users] libmp4ff.so.0 - missing dependency

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Fri Oct 10 03:48:43 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install mythtv on a 64-bit Fedora 8 system using the rpms
from atrpms. Using yum and yumex, I always get a "Missing Dependency".
mythmusic needs libmp4ff.so.0 but this package can't be found. When I
try to exclude mythmusic, then it says that mythplugins needs mythmusic
and on and on.

Is there an easy (or any) solution to this? I've tried in the past to
install mythtv but ALWAYS run into an insurmountable problem.

Rick B.