[mythtv-users] Watch list problem

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 16:06:15 UTC 2008

> Perhaps.  It achieves a goal of "spreading the load" by giving you what to
> watch so you catch up on everything.  If you want to catch up on one show,
> use the title view list for that.  The 24 period also achieves a goal of
> mirroring many viewing habits of sitting down once per day to watch TV, thus
> the next day, you get a refreshed list of all your shows that need some
> catching up on.   You can't make everyone happy with a feature like this so
> that was the goal attributed to this feature.  The only thing I'd really
> like to see is an indicator in the Watch List of how many back episodes
> there are for any title so that I can see quickly "Oh, I have 3 episodes of
> Fringe to watch" and then I can switch to the title view to watch them in
> order.

I agree that you are not going to be able to please everybody with a feature
like this. But I do think you can frequently think about it a little bit and
make a choose that is reasonable and benefits most users. As I said before
the 1 day wait period makes the watch list very annoying, and even unusable
for many users. However, not having the 1 day wait period would only mean
that some people would have 1 or 2 extra episodes in their watch list that
they may not want to watch that night. Seems like a poor trade off for most
users.