[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Wed Oct 8 15:02:29 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I don't want to see my movies with my TV shows.

Nor should you have to.

Though it should be optional.

i.e. show me every piece of media that I have that has a credit for
David Hasselhoff... I get every episode of the original Knight Rider
series, the Spongebob Squarepants movie, an Apple trailer for "The
Legend of the Dancing Ninja", some really awful music (that is
supposedly very much appreciated in Germany, or so the story goes), and
some snapshots of him that were taken at the state fair.  Because
sometimes you just need your Hoff fix, right?

Right now all of these media types are handled by different facilities.
 Can't dump them into a mixed-media playlist.  It's all sort of
counterintuitive.