[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Oct 7 05:15:43 UTC 2008

I'll post from the low-rent end of the spectrum. A PVR-500 MCE kit in an
eMachines (AMD Sempron 3100?) I got from a liquidator. Came with a 17" CRT
with speakers built in. I doubled RAM to 512M and added a 300G drive RMAed
from a client who didn't want it. The soundcard feeds into a 100W Yamaha
receiver that drives 2 pairs of speakers. Three tiers of SD cable into two
tuners gives me more content than I can store. The TV monitor sits just to my
right, about 2 feet away, and I watch at my desk. MythTV 0.21 and its new
playback settings makes the picture as good as I can expect, better than
0.21. I've put aside my MCE Remote because my Telnet/Perl/Tk remote works so
well and is so handy. At peak, I can be recordings two programs, watching
another, and commflagging. I never cease to be amazed when I see my GKrellm
monitor graphs go nearly solid for disk and CPU with a line for commflagging
wedged in-between. The machine has been running nearly 24/7 for 2 years this
month. w00t!

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: mythtv.bss.ab.ca