[mythtv-users] firewire with comcast in Mountain View, CA?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Oct 5 21:49:29 UTC 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 2:44 PM, Steve Heistand wrote:

> I will point out that FCC requires cable companies to provide
> a firewire output whether you have a firewire tv or not.
> though the channels that are actually not marked 5c
> only have to be locals. the others not so much.
> so ymmv
>
> personally I would just keep taking the unit back
> to the local comcast building saying its broken
> until I get one that works. dont tell them you
> want firewire.

That's a lot of work. If he just tells them, "I was told I can get
Firewire turned on if I have a TV that needs it. I have this TV that
needs it. Please turn it on." that would be easier. If they refuse,
then mention the FCC ruling because taking that step further is also a
lot of work. That's why they just ignore the law.