[mythtv-users] Need help with two problems: tricky recording rule and deleting stored custom recording rule

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:58:21 UTC 2008

First, and most importantly, I need help figuring out how to do
something out of the ordinary with my recording scheduling.  I have a
TV series that I have been watching, but it has been on for many years
and my MythTV system hasn't ;-(.

So...  I have a recording rule that excludes reruns which works great.
 I can change it to record any shows that haven't been recorded
previously and it will pick up all the additional episodes available
in syndication.

But...  I would like to put the re-runs in a separate recording group
and only record those that have not previously been recorded.  I can't
see how to do this even with a custom recording rule because I can't
figure out how to exclude the previously recorded shows from the
re-run collection nor can I figure out how to put the selected ones in
a particular (separate, unique) recording group.

Any hints?

Secondly, I managed to unintentionally store a custom rule that I
don't really want to have.  How can I delete it from the stored
examples?  (I tried the usual stealth "D" from the keyboard on the
backend, but, if that had worked, I wouldn't be asking, now, would I?)
 ;-(  Is there a way to do this without breaking out the mySQL
reference?

Craig.