[mythtv-users] AppleTV + Mythbuntu

H Z hansz_2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:42:24 UTC 2008

> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:03:36 -0700
> From: scram69 at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] AppleTV + Mythbuntu
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:30 AM, H Z <hansz_2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if some kind soul here can help me. I've installed a co-exist
> > mythbuntu on my atv and am very close now to having it work for not only SD
> > content but also OTA HD mpeg2 content. The only thing is that when showing
> > 1080 OTA HD it has the slightest of stutters every 2 seconds or so for a
> > fraction of a second. Here's what my cpu/memory usage looks like displaying
> > SD :
>
> You should also check your frontend log to make sure you are actually
> using XvMC. (Your OSD should be in greyscale.)  The 2-second stutters
> were exactly what I was seeing when XvMC wasn't working.
> I did set the playback profiles per the bootloader wiki, but had to
> screw around with the contents of /etc/X11/XvMCConfig before the
> frontend would use XvMC.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/atv-bootloader/browse_thread/thread/e17695ba6cc56b13/91f5853cfca89576?lnk=gst&q=XVMC#91f5853cfca89576

Many - Many thanks to all of you for helping me this far. It's been lots of little things it seems. I've made the changes to lock into C2 and also made this change to point to the correct version of XvMC.

I'm still seeing a lot of errors when downloading larger files of any kind on the interface. I've tracked this down to the fact that the interface does not like being plugged into a gigabit switch at all. If I plug it directly into my router it's happy and no errors. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the 8139too driver that's causing this. I can probably work around the issue by running a long ethernet cable to my router and bypass the switch, but now it's gotten to be a "got to know why" situation. I have my backend plugged into that same switch and it shows no errors on the interface so it's not the switch itself. Hmm... I'll keep digging but if anyone has some thoughts or experience on this I'd love to hear. Thanks again guys.