[mythtv-users] mythbackend -> iPod Touch

Ivan Kowalenko kichigaimentat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 04:40:19 UTC 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 19.04, Alan wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 02:57:34PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Alan,
>>   Actually, asking about transcoding is why I came back to the PC to
>> write another question. I have no disk space issues so I'm happy to
>> transcode everything if it can be an automatic setting. I've never
>> used transcoding so I don't know how to set it up for the iPod
>> format.
>> Can Myth transcode every recording to the iPod format so it's all
>> ready to go when she shows up?
>>
>>   I think your URL above makes sense if I have something installed
>> that uses Apache, right? Is that mythweb which I jsut installed but
>> haven't tried to configure yet.
>
> Hey Mark.  I used knoppmyth so a lot of stuff was automatically setup
> for me.  It does use apache though mythweb is a separate directory
> from
> the document root.
>
> I'm not sure what package / plugin it comes from but I'm sure some
> googling
> for mythtv + ipodfeed will get you what you need.

Indeed, it's amazingly good at what it does. When I worked at the
airport, I just told MythTV to automatically run it as a User Job and
I'd watch Stewart and Colbert on the Light Rail on my way to work. If
you can get your hands on the KnoppMyth script, it's a cinch,
especially with the RSS feed. I know the maintainer of KnoppMyth hangs
around in the MythTV Users IRC channel a lot. If you pop your head in
there, he can probably direct you to the proper place to get the script.