[mythtv-users] Two odd issues with NBC DTV recordings

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Oct 2 03:44:11 UTC 2008

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> I record OTA DTV broadcast out of New York City.

I'm in San Francisco.

> First of all, very often when I jump ahead or back in the recording I
> get temporary pixelation, almost as though it's not finding a key
> frame or something.

I've noticed this recently as well, yes.

> The other thing I've noticed is that the preview images in mythweb
> for all the same shows are solid black.  The offset used for
> previews is set to 64 which must be the default as I've never set
> it.

I am recording _Knight Rider_ right now as a test.[1] MythWeb shows a
proper preview image. I use 305 as my offset.

[1] A horrible, awful, terrible show. Oh, the huge sacrifices I make
for my MythTV-using brethren. Thank goodness I have three other tuners
available for much-better shows.[2]

[2] _Bones_, _Pushing Daisies_, and _Gary Unmarried_ (which I'm
reserving jugment on given its age, but is clearly better than _Knight
Rider_).

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array