[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i - can't tune any ATSC channels

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 10:07:37 UTC 2008

> I am currently running Mythbuntu 8.10 with the latest kernel
> 2.6.27-9-generic. Should I install the drivers from linuxtv? Are
> there other
> things I can try? I found several messages with individuals
> indicating they
> are using this card with great success, so I would love to know what
> I need
> to do to get it up and going.

I had problems with scanning channels as well. I had to actually scan
the channels outside of mythtv, and then manually add the channels (I
believe, I did this in April, so I don't recall exactly the steps)
with their listed frequencies. Once I did this, they all worked fine.
Maybe someone else who is more familiar with the procedure could assist.

~Jon