No subject

Mon Nov 17 17:32:33 UTC 2008

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
Memory: 1024Mb DDR1 400Mhz
Hard Drive: 80Gb SATA 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: CD-RW / DVD-ROM
Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Audio: Integrated digital audio
Network: 10/100/1000
USB Ports: 8x USB 2.0 (6x Back 2x Front)
Serial Ports: 1 Standard
Parallel Ports: 1 Standard
Expansion: 1x PCI Express x16, 1x PCI Express x1 and 2x PCI
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home

My current MythTV frontend/backend combo is 2.4 GHz and I can't handle
HD from the Australian DVB-T free to air stations. I'd obviously
replace the hard drive with my bigger one. But for $399 I thought this
might be a good option to get a box that can handle HD.

A couple of other concerns I have:
- would the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 be OK, or
should I put in a nVidia card?
- the power supply is only 240-watt. Could that be a problem?

Regards,
Phill