[mythtv-users] Problems with External USB Drives

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:14:02 UTC 2008

Just a thought but do you think its because the drive is spinning down
after X period of no use?  I know its not the same but I had stability
issues with my FreeNAS system with external drives when I had it
configured to spin down the drives after a period of non use.  When I
changed the config to never spin the drives down stability was
restored.

Also what is the command to run to check the fragmentation of a linux
drive and then the follow up command to run a defrag?  I have noticed
my one 500GB drive I use for storing recordings begin to thrash a bit.