[mythtv-users] Problems with External USB Drives

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 03:35:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Aaron Klein <klein.aaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also what is the command to run to check the fragmentation of a linux
> drive and then the follow up command to run a defrag?  I have noticed
> my one 500GB drive I use for storing recordings begin to thrash a bit.

Ok well I feel a bit stupid now. I just noticed that the switch on the
external HDD enclosure was set to eSATA when I am connected via USB.
Frankly I'm surprised it worked as well as it did. Seems to be working
now. I'll update if not.

Seems like it would be a good idea to check fragmentation so I echo
aaron's request for those commands (I'm a total linux noob). I can't
remember right now if I chose xfs or jfs and I don't know how to set
the file size allocation so I guess it's set at some default. Any
other advice would be cool.