[mythtv-users] Refresh rate too low for bob?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 24 18:13:54 UTC 2008

On 11/24/2008 12:51 PM, John H wrote:
> I searched the bugs at mythtv.org and saw they had a fix for this
> problem.

Which fix?

>  I then downloaded the rpm source from atrpms and unpacked the
> the rpm and checked the file that was fixed. Looks like the changes
> weren't applied to the source. I downloaded the latest svn and it
> wasn't fixed in there either. I guess I'll have to wait, go to 0.22,
> or manually fix then compile.

The one I was talking about was for #5025 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5025 ) and was fixed in [18114] in
trunk and [18116] in -fixes.

However, I haven't checked to see if it would actually have an effect on
just entering LiveTV.  However, it seems that you may still get a
warning on entering LiveTV, but that warning may be irrelevant (as it
may only apply to the dummy stream).

If you're talking about #2903 ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2903 )
or #4637 ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4637 ), the first was
closed as invalid and the second may get similar treatment (just basing
that statement on #2903).

And, though I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to display (since
you mentioned both analog and digital capture), I'm starting to think
you mean displaying the digitally-captured Fox programming, which should
be 720p, and, therefore, shouldn't be deinterlaced (meaning the warning
is unimportant).

However, the segfault should not occur.  A good backtrace could be
useful.  http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2  If you
found another ticket or fix, though, we may not need a
backtrace--depending on what it provides.

Mike