[mythtv-users] UK Freesat and Listings EIT

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 18:28:44 UTC 2008

On 22/11/2008, Paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone on here that uses UK Freesat and EIT data? The reason I
>  ask is that I seem to be missing listings for quite a few channels
>  including the new FIVE.

I've seen a few reports on DigitalSpy about 'regular' Freesat users
having problems with their satellite receivers getting Five listings.
I'll give it a go later and see if I can get any EIT listings for Five
on my Freesat backend.

>  A few that come to mind that have missing listings are:-
>  Showcase
>  Film24
>  Travel Channel
>  Motors TV
>  World Movies

None of these channels are part of Freesat (and thus the Freesat EPG),
which is a subset of the free-to-air channels you can pick up on your
satellite. For the current list, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Freesat.

Nick

--