[mythtv-users] youtube Integration

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:31:43 UTC 2008

> How is everybody else doing this? I can't be the only one who gets
> bugged by family members all the time that they want to watch the
> silly videos on the big screen!

my 2 cents...
I usually keep Firefox running on my mythbox with a theme that makes the
icons nice and big and then whenever I want to browse the web on the TV,
I...

1) grab the wireless keyboard
2) alt-tab to switch to firefox
3) F11 to go fullscreen in firefox
4) go to youtube or videosift or reader.google.com and watch the silly
videos on the big screen.

Then to get back to mythtv, I just hit alt-tab

Sometimes I use mythnews for video rss feeds, however I'm usually too
impatient to wait for mythnews to download the whole video before it starts
playing.

Works great!

-Ross