[mythtv-users] Unable to get past Main Menu of Frontend

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:18:00 UTC 2008

I'm going to dip out here because I don't know anything about using
mythtv in the US (I'm in the UK)

You have read this have you?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HVR-1600

It looks like the card may not be fully supported in linux yet.  The
things that page suggest look a bit scary to me for a linux beginner,
but are probably doable, with a bit of care and a lot of googling.

That wiki page is pretty recent but things move fast and you may find
that the latest kernels for your distribution have the drivers built
in (more googling), which would save you learning how to compile
kernel modules (assuming you can't already)

Good Luck.