[mythtv-users] Samples in mythtv

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:51:00 UTC 2008

On 19/11/2008, Xavier Hervy <xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> Robert McNamara wrote:
>  > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5920
>  >
>  > Applies to trunk, no idea if it will apply to -fixes.
>
> I lke the idea a lot, not to sure about the way it is done. Would be
>  better in the database instead of a filename trick, for few reasons:
>  - would allow to have more than one trailers per movie
>  - allow to do playlist of trailers
>  Xavier

Agreed. A media file should not have to have a non-standard extension
to flag it as a trailer. Unless I've missed something obvious, it will
likely break other media players from being able to play the file. A
lot of users export their video collections via NFS/Samba and not all
clients will either be mythfrontend or will attempt to play/list such
files with a non-standard media file extension.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: