[mythtv-users] Extract audio from HDTV MPEG2 stream to make audio CD

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 01:29:50 UTC 2008

I have a recording of "Soundstage" from my local PBS station that I would
like to extract the audio from and create an audio CD tracks (instead of one
big track). Has anyone else had a need for this? It's not something one
would need frequently but as the same time I think it would be a great
addition to MythArchive.

I'm guessing the basic steps would be something like this:

Extract Audio
Convert to 44.1KHz 2-channel audio (WAV)
Cut audio into "Tracks" (audacity) [1]
Burn (k3b)

Anyone have suggestions? Especially for the first two steps?

Thanks,
Richard

[1] Even if I have to cut to make two separate tracks the band sometimes
goes from one song right into another and I don't want any sound gap. Is it
as simple as turning off the usual 2 second spacing between tracks? Will the
sound be contnuous?