[mythtv-users] FYI - New HW video accellAPI from NVIDIA

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:25:37 UTC 2008

> When I though that Intel would be forst with H.264 decoding on its 965
> chipset, NVIDIA beats them and does more.
>
> Nico

So, am i reading this right?  nVidia should have h.264 hardware
acceleration!?  That mean the proc required for the HD-PVR will go
substantial down right and play ripped blu-rays?

Also, I wonder if this has all the negatives of XvMC.  Will we get full
color OSD?  Will there be buffering/choppy video issues?  I assume the
internal player will require patches.  yet another reason i may be moving to
trunk when that is released.....

Mitchell