[mythtv-users] liveTV sucking up CPU cycles?

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 05:13:22 UTC 2008

> I think the next place to look is the frontend log file to see if it's
> doing anything different. Turn up your verbosity to all to see if you
> can spot something extra that's happening between LiveTV and a
> recording currently in progress.

I had some time to try this out tonight.  I couldn't really see much
difference in the log notices between the LiveTV output and the recording
in-progress ouput during playback.  There were some minor query differences
at the beginning, but during the bulk of the playback, there wasn't really
any difference in the messages.  It was all sound buffer and A/V sync
messages that appeared to be very similar in both instances.

It seems like once they get playing, they're in much of the same state, but
something else is going on.  It could be backend related, but that wouldn't
explain the same behavior I see on a dedicated frontend.

Jason