[mythtv-users] Looking for MicroATX AM2 CPU supporting motherboard suggestions.

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Sat Nov 8 16:22:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Jeff Holicky
<myth.myth_user at myth.sent.com>wrote:

> [...]
> Yes the logs are a concern - the constant re-writing and those areas
> going bad.  I need to review that - I am not fully versed in how flash
> memory handles bad sectors - do they merely mark as bad and move on
> without the user knowing?  If the answer to this is YES (they mark and
> move on), then one could buy a big 8GB USB - it may be overkill, but
> would outlast any bad sector problems.
> ing
> with you to boot up, not just the working documents/data.
> [...]
> jahsr

When flash memory goes 'bad', it just becomes read-only.  Any attempt to
write over what's already there will fail.  Otherwise, it will happily
continue to boot your computer - you just can't save any new logging
information or update the software stored on the flash.

--Darrin