[mythtv-users] Fwd: Manually delete db entries for live tv

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 00:56:42 UTC 2008

>> Try running myth.find_orphans.pl.  It is in the contrib directory.
>>
>> It will clean up your DB for you.
>
> Even better, touch <filename> and let expire do it's job. No messing
> with the database directly.

I did the touch and then the filename from the error log.  This didnt
correct the problem.  I even set the the permissions the same as all
the other recordings.  I then found the script mentioned above.  I
tried running it and got an error about not being able to connect to
the DB so I edited the script and put the DB password in but it still
wont connect to the DB.

I did some digging and found some information that seemed like you
needed to pass some variables to the command so I tried the following.

./myth.find_orphans.pl  --dbhost=192.168.1.56 --host=192.168.1.56
--pass=password --dir=/var/lib/mythtv/recordings

I didn't like what I got back.  It basically said that all my
recordings where orphaned.  Clearly not the correct answer.