[mythtv-users] Zenith DTT900 Digital Converter with MythTV

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Thu May 29 01:57:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> So do I have it right? This is a box that converts digital TV signals
> into an analogue signal so you can feed it into a PVR-150 and convert
> it back to digital again?

Well, I guess you could say that's what it does, but that totally
misses the point and end user value.

1.  I'm able to use my existing PVR-350 to capture a crystal clear
broadcast tv video signal.
2.  No ghosting, no static.
3.  4 non-watchable stations now come in clearly.
4.  It gets all the "extra" digital sub-channels.
5.  I didn't have to upgrade any systems for HD, which can be
expensive depending on your hardware and display setup.

Basically I went from 3 watchable over-the-air channels to 12 crystal
clear signals for about the price of subscribing to standard cable for
1 month.

One of the more interesting aspects (to me) is that it downscales
everything to SD.  My primary MythTV system is a 600Mhz Via EPIA
system that can't even think of handling any real HD, but otherwise
works great.

-Pete
MythPVR.com