[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick and PVR1/2/350 seem to be able to coexist again in one system

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:22:01 UTC 2008

James M. MacLaren wrote:
> The new version of the em28xx drivers provided by Markus Rechberger a
> couple of days ago, see:
> http://mcentral.de/pipermail/em28xx/2008-May/001517.html
> Now do not cause the lock up during booting when a pvr 1/2/350 is also
> installed.  Both devices can now be made to work in mythtv.  I am
> running mythbunu 8.10 and Markus has kindly compiled the modules since
> there are some issues with compilation under ubuntu 8.10 (see above post
> on the em28xx mailing list).
>
> I do have one remaining issue that I cannot have the device plugged in
> during boot but have to insert after the machine is up and then restart
> the backend to recognize the tuner.  If it is inserted during boot I
> find the driver reports a bunch of errors and mythtv doesn't get a
> lock.
>
> I have posted them on the em28xx mailing list and hope that they can be
> resolved.
>
> To use add it as a dvb tuner in the backend set up.  I found the channel
> scan in mythtv-setup worked just fine now.
>
> James

Thanks for the update. I haven't seen these problems you're talking
about. Did they also happen with the old drivers as well? I may be weary
of upgrading to the new ones if they have new problems. How does analog
work in the new drivers?

On LinuxTV.org they also claim that in the 2.6.26 kernel there should be
full support for these finally. I'm not sure how that's going to work
out, or if it's going to come from Markus or v4l's own mainline module.
In the latest cvs of v4l-dvb from the mainline v4l tree, I found digital
recording worked fine but analog had no sound.

cheers,
raphy