[mythtv-users] backend fails to record back to back programs

Corey cdwdwkr at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 18:29:37 UTC 2008

I've recently been trying out various DVR software, hoping to replace my TIVO.  I've tried both MythDora 5 and Mythbuntu 8.04.  Both look promising for me.  I've had a problem with both installations though.  I run these on a 2.4 GHz P4 Shuttle box with a Haupaugue PVR 150.  Both installations have an issue when I schedule back to back recordings.  For example, last night I set it to record four 1/2 hour long back to back episodes of a show on TVLand.  This morning the first and third episodes show up in the Media Library but the second and fourth do not.

Looking in the Previously Recorded section, I see the first and third episodes showing recorded and the second and fourth show manually cancelled.  I did not manually cancel them...wasn't awake to do so.  The log file seems to indicate they were manually cancelled too.  Funny thing is when I go the the folder where the shows are stored, the files four all four episodes are there...now that I think about it, the second and fourth episodes may have been on the hard drive as liveTV recordings.

Last night's recording troubles were on Mythbuntu, but I had the same problems before with Mythdora.  Just to be clear, both installations were on the same machine, but I formatted and reinstalled...so it isn't a case of different frontends connecting to a common backend.  I do have the pre/post record time settings set to zero, so the recordings shouldn't overlap.

Any help with what I'm missing would be appreciated.

Thanks