[mythtv-users] X.org CPU Usage @ 100% when showing guide redux

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 23 02:16:39 UTC 2008

On 05/20/2008 10:30 AM, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> However, it still should more that support decoding and playing back
> HDTV frames. And it does - when viewing an HDTV channel, I am getting
> only 25% utilization of one core for the decoding,
> and X.org hovers around 5% for playback.
>
> The issue is twofold:
>
>     1) Every minute or two, Xorg CPU spikes to 95%-100% of one core for
> around 10 seconds, then drops back down to 5%. I *do* have
> "UseEvents=true" in my Driver section of xorg.conf already.
>
>     2) Whenever I bring up the EPG, CPU spikes to 100%, for the whole
> time the EPG is shown. This makes it pretty much impossible to use the
> EPG while tuned to an HD channel.
>
> Does anyone have *ANY* idea what could be causing this or what options I
> could play with to try to solve it? It makes no sense to me that the EPG
> should eat so much CPU when HD channels are open.

Set your system to use the default configuration of the Slim playback
profile group ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles
).  If you messed with the configuration of that group, reset it to the
defaults (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profile_groups
).

Mike