[mythtv-users] LifeView TV Walker Twin DVB-T issues

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 22 12:03:47 UTC 2008

Having problems with a LifeView TV Walker Twin DVB-T

under latest Kubuntu kernel (2.6.24-16-generic) I get random lockups -
as in complete PC freeze, not even a mouse. These invariably happen with
2-4 hours of connecting the device and recording.

I tried using the latest v4l-dvb drivers, compiled from source from
linuxtv.org as of today (22-5-2008) and that was far worse. The tuners
locked up when I tried to scan them in myth and my WinFast-1000T
vanished altogether.

Any suggestions? is there any logs I should be looking at?

Thanks - Lindsay

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album