[mythtv-users] mythtv-status error Schedule Conflicts Unable to access MythTV Perl API.

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed May 21 02:08:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 15:00 -0400, Chuck Peters wrote:

> I specify the host and I do have the ubuntu hardy package libmyth-perl
> installed, so why am I getting this error?
> Schedule Conflicts:
> Unable to access MythTV Perl API.  Try with --verbose to find out why.
>
> Another thing that doesn't make sense is "no backend found" since it
> obviously finds it and ouput disk space and schedule info.

The reason that some output is generated is that that output comes from
the XML feed from the MythTV backend.  It doesn't use the MythTV Perl API
for it.  I'll knock up a patch to MythTV.pm so that I can just pass in the
known hostname to it, which should get around the requirement for both
UPnP *and* config.xml.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand