[mythtv-users] Hard Backend Lockups

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:21:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this tends to happen maybe every 3-4 days though, I don't see
> how it could be the power supply because when it freezes up I just hit
> the reset button and the power supply stays running.
>
> Any other ideas?

I had a hard lockup problem with one of my frontends that seems to be
solved by turning off sensord (lm-sensors).  This was on a biostar
motherboard with an AMD64 X2.  I found someone on the web that had
looked at the bios acpi support, and noticed that there was no locking
of the interface to read temperature data from the processor.  If the
temperature monitoring done by the acpi subsystem happened to collide
with temperature monitoring from sensord, it could cause a lockup.
There was a report that a bios update fixed the problem, but I didn't
try it, since disabling sensord fixed my problem.