[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 caveat

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:24:58 UTC 2008

If you're running Fedora and still using an old WinTV-Go PCI card to
record shows, you probably want to hold off on upgrading to 9.

At least, that's the conclusion I came to after upgrading my slave
server. I got no video stream from the card when running the 2.6.25
kernel which came with 9 (or the update kernel), while I DID have
video (but no sound) running the last version 8 kernel.

So now that system is back on 8, and working just fine. But I hope
this is fixed before 8 falls off the update treadmill.

Calvin