[mythtv-users] Fullscreen Guide and Volume probs

Justin Gibson jugibson at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:30:36 UTC 2008

Salutations!

I would like to mention a few things that could use some repair that may
have been covered. I know you all will graciously correct me ;)

I just learned how to use the SVN and updated today which is 0.21 svn.
17372.  As before I had two problems 1 the (full screen) guide not taking
more that 3 key presses before it just froze and eventually exited...That
got fixed with the svn update. SWEET!  There is one more issue....the sound
oh man the sound.  The sound works, however I cannot control the volume from
within MythTV, I have to use my subwoofers vol. control.  The svn update did
not fix it. I had read somewhere that to fix that issue is to compile ALSA
from source instead of a deb package is that still the only way to fix it?
Is this issue being looked into?

On another note, the svn update, then issuing a sudo shutdown -r now wiped
my  home directory out...I made another one and xubuntu booted back up
normally, any idea what might have caused this?

Thanks for any feedback in advanced!