[mythtv-users] Upgrading: Advice wanted

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 04:51:04 UTC 2008

>Asus M3A:
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131234

I currently have this MB with AMD Phenom Quad Core with 4GB RAM running Mythbuntu 8.04 32-bit and it's rock solid so far.

I tried running the 64-bit version, but the backend process kept crashing with a general protection error almost everytime I switched in and out of Live TV.  There are also other minor problems (e.g., couldn't schedule a recording regardless of which method I used).  It was better than the v7.10, but still not quite usable IMHO.

Mind you, I couldn't really pin any of those problems down to the MB, CPU, RAM or any combination of them.  I'm just stating what I observed.  If I were to guess, it's probably more of a build and/or packaging issue than anything else; but, I didn't have time to investigate and build things manually, so for now I'm just sticking with the 32-bit version until things get a little bit more stable in the 64-bit world.

FWIW, HTH.
--
Francis Hartojo
echo "sunegbwb at lnubb.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'