[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour with multirec - extra tuners not being used

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 19 12:32:55 UTC 2008

I have three dvb tuners configured with 4 encoders on each. If I have a
recording happening on Tuner 0 then when I go to live TV I can only
browse the Channels available on the transponder being recorded on tuner 0

e.g - If recording ABC1 I can only livetv ABC1, ABC2 & ABCHD

If I look at mythweb status I can see that LiveTV is using the same
Tuner 0 rather than any of the spare tuners.

Of more concern - I cannot record more two programs on different
transponders simultaneously. The third tuner will not be allocated.

If I drop the number of encoders to 2 or 1 per tuner than everything
works as expected - All three tuners are allocated as needed. As a test
I was able to record 6 programs simultaneously on three different
transponders.

Using 0.21 on mythbuntu weekly fixes.

--
Lindsay