[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour with multirec - extra tuners not being used

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Mon May 19 12:55:00 UTC 2008

2008/5/19 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au>:
> I have three dvb tuners configured with 4 encoders on each. If I have a
> recording happening on Tuner 0 then when I go to live TV I can only
> browse the Channels available on the transponder being recorded on tuner 0
>
> e.g - If recording ABC1 I can only livetv ABC1, ABC2 & ABCHD
>
> If I look at mythweb status I can see that LiveTV is using the same
> Tuner 0 rather than any of the spare tuners.

There's an option to tell LiveTV to use the tuner not in use/least
likely to be used. There's also an option that allows LiveTV conflicts
to reschedule recordings if possible. I use both of these.
Unfortunately I can't remember where these settings are and don't have
access to my home system right now. Happy hunting.

--
Steve Daniels