[mythtv-users] IR Blasters

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:54:22 UTC 2008

On 17/05/2008, Billy Macdonald <billymacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:

>  PS I do have two serial ports but I'm looking to control three boxes.

If you've got a spare PCI slot you could always look at adding another
serial port via a card. If you can put together the simple IT blasters
yourself, it should work out much cheaper than USB.

Each approach has its plusses and minusses - USB is probably easier to
configure and get working, but likely more expensive; serial is likely
to be cheaper but can be more time-consuming (especially if you are
going to build the blasters from parts and need to compile multiple
versions of LIRC).

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: