[mythtv-users] IR Blasters

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:43:02 UTC 2008

Does anyone know of any affordable USB IR Blasters?

My cable company is going to be eliminating analog so I need to use
cable boxes which you cannot change the codes on.  So I'll need three
separate blasters that are physically separated to control the three

But I can't seem to find a solution that will be less than $100 to
control three STB using the same codes.

Any advice? I'm upset about having to go to STB and the cost of
setting up blasters is quite disturbing.

PS I do have two serial ports but I'm looking to control three boxes.