[mythtv-users] Disable LiveTV for recordings?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu May 15 12:09:55 UTC 2008

> Myth is meant to obey user-intervention, not prevent it.

I think "meant to" is a bit strong. It currently obeys user
intervention, because thats the way it was implemented. If there were
a way to prevent the possibility of user intervention, I think that
would be welcome in a lot of cases.

Grant, if you want to try and add this feature and if you've compiled
your mythtv from source, I spent a couple minutes looking at the
source and I **THINK** that I **MIGHT** know how to do it.

In the libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp file, you want to go to the function
UpdateOSDAskAllowDialog. About 5 lines down, you will see where it
defines the text for each of the options that show up in the dialog.
Then a couple pages down from there, you will see:

        options += record_watch;
        options += let_record1;
        options += ((*it).has_later) ? record_later1 : do_not_record1;

Where each of those values corresponds to the text I pointed out. I
believe if you comment out the third option, then the dialog will pop
up with the options to watch as it records or return to the main menu,
but no option to cancel the recording. There are also a few other
cases of this option you need to comment out a little further down:

            options += (all_have_later) ? record_laterm : do_not_recordm;
and
          options += (all_have_later) ? record_later1 : do_not_record1;

I think those are for the cases where you have multiple things that
want to record. No promises, but I think if you comment out those 3
lines and recompile, it may get you what you want.

--
Ron