[mythtv-users] Channel confusion - 'Record on this channel' fails

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed May 14 13:13:00 UTC 2008

At 10:18 AM -0400 5/13/08, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>OP, if you want to treat them as different channels, change the
>callsign of one of them using mythtv-setup's channel editor--i.e.
>"PBS (good)" or soemthing, then set the rule to record from only the
>good channel or create a rule to record at high priority from the
>good channel and create another rule to record at low priority from
>the bad channel.

This brings to mind a question I've had for some time. Short of using
SQL, is there any way to change Myth's idea of what "this channel" is
in a recording rule? This can be a problem when, for example
switching from "record at any time on any channel" to "record on this
channel".

I can obviously delete the rule and re-create it, but that can be
fairly time-consuming if I made lots of customizations to the rule.