[mythtv-users] New TV Guide --- Seeking Feedback

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon May 12 18:39:19 UTC 2008

On May 12, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Mike Wilt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeking feedback on a website I developed this year for a school
> project: Klicker.tv.  Some screen shots are here:
> http://www.room117.com/klicker.html

That looks great!

> Here's the link to the actual prototype:
>
> http://www.klicker.tv
> Site credentials to view site: User: myth / Pass: demo
>
> Please let me know what you think.  Try logging in and selecting
> favorite channels and shows.  A couple caveats:
>
> - You can register with a fake email address.
> - Klicker is primarily a response to commercial online TV guides such
> as [http://tv.yahoo.com/listings].  Does anyone know why such sites
> are so one-dimensional?

They're not all like that. DirecTV's online guide is really good. It
allows you to choose favorite channels and display just those. It can
send you email reminders when shows are coming on. It even has a TV
Planner to find programs you might like based on how you've rated
programs. I would love to see something like that implemented in
MythWeb. Yours looks like a good start at that.