[mythtv-users] Program I thought should be recorded wasn't...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 12 18:33:46 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008 02:27 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I'm wondering if there is a way to see backward into the program
> recording instructions to see why a program didn't get recorded?
>
>    On Sunday morning I record a couple of the political talk shows.
> Yesterday Meet the Press was recorded but This Week wasn't. I am 200%
> sure that when I went to bed Saturday night both were in the Upcoming
> Recordings list however on Sunday morning only one was recorded. How
> can I determine why?
>    Is there a way to see both what recordings users ask to be recorded
> but also see which ones are taken off the list?

Go to the Previously Recorded screen in mythfrontend and find the
episode that didn't record (should be ordered by date by default, which
should make it easy to find).  When highlighted, it will tell you the
recording status--i.e. why it didn't record.  And, I'm pretty sure
you'll be able to see the episode details, too.

Note that you need to do this within about 7-10 days of the missed
recording, when the "unimportant" information (i.e. about recordings
that didn't occur) will be purged from the database.

If you want to see the other shows that aired around that time, you
should be able to see them in the MythWeb listings (possibly the
mythfrontend listings, too, but I haven't checked).  Again, it needs to
be done relatively soon (here's where the 7 days really comes in).

Mike