[mythtv-users] Match, place

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 12 18:22:51 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008 02:09 PM, Mike Smith wrote:
> This is as much idle curiosity as anything, but what is the
> significance of the "match" and "place" quantities that the scheduler
> records in the MythTV log?

AIUI, match (identify all matching episodes) is in a MySQL query and
place (identify which episodes to record (prioritization, conflicts, dup
checking, ...) and where to record) is in MythTV code.

> Why might I get two entries like this:
>
> Scheduled 2028 items in 7.1 = 0.74 match + 6.33 place

Scheduling for a specific recording rule.

> Scheduled 2028 items in 37.1 = 0.31 match + 36.79 place

Re-scheduling for /all/ recording rules (from scratch).

> ...a minute or two apart?

Because of the difference in the amount of work required.

Mike