[mythtv-users] High CPU usage with backend status http://myth:6544

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:44:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

     I've started noticing that when I do a backend status to port
6544, the mythbackend pegs the CPU for about 30 seconds after the
status page is displayed, with nothing in the logs.

     I decided to put verbose logging on, and the issue did repeat.
With verbose logging, the CPU goes up while the page is being
rendered, but does drop to 0 as expected once the page is displayed.
I took off logging, and again the CPU stays pegged after doing a
backend status.

     Does this make sense to anyone?  Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Billy