[mythtv-users] X menu bar showing while in full screen with HDMI

covert covert thecovert+mythusers at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:36:14 UTC 2008

Been having a battle with my TV and video card output for the last few
days. I have found 800x600 gives me the best output without any
boarder around the edge. The desktop displays larger than my screen so
it is cut of. Not a problem. I can just adjust myth...

If I leave the settings in the second page of appearance set to all 0
so myth will default to the screen resolution them myth will go to
full screen and no X menu bar will show at the top of the screen -
correct behavior.

If I adjust any of the settings on the second appearance screen
(width,height gui x/y offset) myth will reload the theme and the menu
bar will show up the top of the screen with myth being pushed of the
bottom of the screen. The same problem if I use the screen adjustment
in myth as well.

Drivers are ATI fglrx
Output is HDMI to SD plasma TV.

I guess it is a bug in Myth reading the X/Y origin wrong when not in Auto mode.

Any advice on how to correct the output ?