[mythtv-users] MythUbuntu 8.04, Streamzap Remote and programming RED button to Delete recording

Larry on the Dell Laptop larry at foxgulch.com
Wed May 7 13:44:10 UTC 2008

Jesse Burt wrote:
> Larry on the Dell Laptop wrote:
>
>> begin
>>    remote = Steamzap_PC_Remote
>>    prog = mythtv
>>    button = RED
>>    config = d
>>    repeat = 0
>>    delay = 0
>> end
>

> I realize this may simply be a typo entered in the email, nonetheless,
> I think it is good to rule out, if it is not the problem. The line
> that begins with 'remote' has 'Streamzap' misspelled as 'Steamzap' -
> certainly an easy mistake to make.
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse Burt

Ah  Jesse!   That missing "r" was the problem.  Thank you!!!   For
others following this thread,  here's an excerpt from my
/home/lj/.mythtv/lircrc  file.   Using this file, the  LEFT button works
but the RED button does nothing.   No surprise since I somehow
mispelled  Streamzap_PC_Remote as "Steamzap_PC_Remote" for each of the
extra buttons I sought to program.  (Larry likes to perpetuate errors
by  cut and paste ! [;-{ )
-------
begin
    remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
    prog = mythtv
    button = LEFT
    config = Left
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
   remote = Steamzap_PC_Remote
   prog = mythtv
   button = RED
   config = d
   repeat = 0
   delay = 0
end
---------
I then restarted lirc with
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

which triggered the response

 * Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC
[ OK ]
[ OK ]
 * Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC
[ OK ]

Back in the mythfrontend,  all the buttons are now working.   Thank you all.

Larry