[mythtv-users] Bug? Deleted programs set to rerecord when "max number of episodes" is set

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Tue May 6 20:01:17 UTC 2008

John Veness wrote:

> I agree this sounds like a bug myself from your description, but I
> haven't tried to confirm it myself. Just to be clear, when you say "When
> the scheduler decides to record a new episode of Dora, it immediately
> auto-expires an episode from the Deleted group" you mean it expired an
> episode of Dora specifically from the Deleted group?

Yes, exactly. It also uses an unusual message when doing so; normally,
when a Deleted item expires, either due to the 7 day delay or because my
drive is full, the log says:

       logid: 8440
      module: autoexpire
    priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
     logdate: 2008-05-05 11:17:38
        host: pyloric
     message: Expiring Program
     details: Expiring 308 MBytes for 1 @ Sat Jan 5 08:00:41 2008 => The
Wire "02x11: Bad Dreams"

but when it logs in this instance, it says:

       logid: 7954
      module: autoexpire
    priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
     logdate: 2008-04-28 09:26:37
        host: pyloric
     message: Expired program
     details: Expiring 507 MBytes for 1002 @ Tue Apr 15 08:59:00 2008 =>
Dora the Explorer.  Too many episodes, we only want to keep 3.

> I think putting a ticket in trac (searching first to make sure one isn't
> there already) is a good idea.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks,

- Marc